Say what you want, but I always thought Ali was/is the shit...even when I crashed into him at a skatepark in Ventura and thought it was Elissa Steamer..
In other Flip stuff..good to see these two skating together again
I have been avoiding éS Shoes for quite some time now. They typically run a bit narrower than my feet which is painful, and quite frankly I've been over the whole 90's retro vibe (although the Creagers look pretty good). However, when I came across these recently I was immediately infatuated with them. They seem like the kind of shoes I have been waiting for éS to make without ever really realizing it. After umming and awwing for a few days I thought what the heck and scooped up a pair. I gotta tell you..they are above and beyond my expectations. The fit is perfect, they are snug and secure and also comfortable. I really like the support around the ankle. The tongue is nice and puffy but not too much. There is some cool kind of rubber on the tongue that is just a different, unique feature. As mentioned, I have wider feet and these are just the right size. I am a 9.5 and these fit very well. When viewed from above, I get a flashback to some 90's DC shoes with the navy b...
All of the Election controversy reminded me of another recent upset. The highly contested passing over of Guy Mariano for David Gonzalez as S.O.T.Y. I saw this recently which was a reminder of how much great footage Guy put out in recent years. Have there been any new developments in the board company him and Eric have been working on? I haven't heard anything.. also, vert is dead has some great retro girl/chocolate stuff going on right now. Check it out .
Post number #100.. glad I've made it this far. Rather than scanning and uploading a bunch of old stuff, I had to make a trip to the skate shop and figured I'd just post some photos that I took along the way. I'll do another post with more new/old stuff soon. Enjoy and thanks for visiting.. Found this spot along the way.. it's doable, right? First stop. almost copped these based on principle alone. Ummm...no.. Really, Gullwing? Yess..... Sorry but I just can't behind the whole slipper/prom shoe look that's popular right now. These Globe Shoes sort of remind me of the D3's.. not quite as clunky but still plenty of heft to 'em. Kinda short, kinda random. I'll have some better stuff coming up soon. But, hey thanks for taking the time to check the site out. Feel free to explore some of the older posts if you haven't done so already (you got 99 other ones to choose from) . (Thoughtful) comments, s...
Comments
Post a Comment